Thursday, September 29, 2011

3 Years Ago Today

3 years ago today our sweet, precious baby girl was born into heaven. We miss her dearly and think about her every day. I try to picture what she would look like as a 3 year old running around the house. I can just imagine her and Sammy playing on the floor together.

Tonight we took Sammy out to the cemetary to have our "angelversary" visit with Annabelle. We took a red flower and put it in the vase by her name plate. Sammy put his little hand on the name plate and patted it like he was saying "it's okay." Her space was already decorated with trinkets that other family members had placed. It makes me feel so good to know that others (my mom espeicially) visit on a regular basis. I don't want Annabelle to ever be forgotten.

I have had a lot of people ask me if it is easier this year now that we have Sammy in our family. The answer is no, and it will never get easier, it just gets different. We met a lady through church who lost a child to still birth 50 years ago and when she heard our story she cried remembering the loss of her child. I know I will be the same way 50 years from now.

Today, we celebrate the 8 months that we did have with Annabelle and know that she is in good hands with the Lord. We will one day meet again and hold each other tightly. We love you baby girl!

1 comment:

  1. Meagan, I have not been able to post a comment before today, because I could not get through it without crying. I still can't. I have never had my heart to hurt so much in my entire life. A mother never wants to see her child go through what you and Glen went through since Sept 29, 2008. I will never get over losing Annabelle, so I know you and Glen will not. I think of what she could have looked like and be like all the time, and cry every time. I have never cried so much in my entire life, as I have the last 3 years of my life.

    ReplyDelete