Saturday, September 11, 2010

Officially Official

We are officially official as of September 9, 2010! Our homestudy is finalized, our profile book is finished and now we begin the journey. It feels so great to have everything complete. It has been a fun and exciting process but we are glad we are one step closer. From here, we just wait. Our consultant, Shannon, will start sending profiles of birthmothers to us to view. If we are interested in any, we let her know and then send them our profile book. From there, the birthmother views many profiles and decides what family best fits what she is looking for in a family to raise her child. So, as they say, it could be 2 weeks or a year before we bring our baby home.

Mom & I are heading to Babies R Us today to pick out some essentials that we don't already have. The big items we need are a car seat/stroller combo, diapers, a diaper bag and a few more clothes. It is going to be so weird heading back into BRU as the past few times I have had to go in there for friends baby showers have really been tough. I had a breakdown at one visit and had to leave before I could even purchase my items. So, I am really looking forward to being able to shop, not have anxiety about being in there and pick out things for us!!!

On another note, today is a such a tough day for so many Americans throughout our country. Sept. 11 has so many different meanings to everyone. I pray for peace for all those families that lost a loved one 9 years ago. For me, today marks the day that we lost my dad 5 years ago. I can't believe it has been 5 years since he has been gone. I can still hear his voice as if it was just yesterday. I miss him terribly and think about him all of the time. I know he is probably hanging out with Annabelle and having a good time so I do have peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment