Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Acupuncture

Over the past few weeks I have had several people mention doing acupuncture for infertility. I actually tried acupuncture last year before I started going to Dr. Starks. At that time I had no idea I had endometriosis so I don't believe the doctor knew how to treat me correctly - due to no fault of his own. Shortly after starting the acupuncture I started going to Dr. Starks. It was all becoming a little too expensive so I stop going to Dr. Sherman. It was so relaxing and I felt great afterwards but at the time I needed to choose between the two and the acupuncture didn't win.

Well, after several great success stories that I have heard recently we have decided that I should give acupuncture a try again. I was recommended by a friend to Dr. Mary Zhang at the Chinese Medicine Clinic. Last Thursday was my first appointment. Within 10 minutes of meeting with Mary she felt that I might have some sort of blood clotting/flow issue that is enabling me to get pregnant. So she wrote out a plan for me to follow with her. I will go to her 2x per week for 6 weeks and then 1x per week for the following 6 weeks. I am also taking a handful of herbs that she has recommended will help me with ovulation as well as my endometriosis and anything else that might be wrong! I have stopped all caffeine intake as well as no alcohol. My workouts have changed from bootcamp to yoga. And next week Dr. Mary will go over a nutritional plan with me. So, it is pretty much a complete turn around of my entire life. I figured things weren't working out the way I had been doing them so why not try the complete opposite! It has now been 5 days since my first appointment with Mary and I can already tell a difference in the way my body feels. I seem to be a lot more relaxed as well. If anything, I feel good! Over the past few months I have been so bloated from all the hormones and pills that my other doctor had been giving me. I just needed a changed of pace and wanted to feel normal again. We have decided to skip this month's IUI and wait another cycle or two before trying that again.

We are also still exploring adoption. We have been reading "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Adoption" that was recommended to us by a family who has adopted. Once we feel comfortable with the research we have been working on we plan to start meeting with a few agencies and hopefully setting up a profile with one or two. It is by no means an easy process so we want to make sure we know as much as we can before we jump in!

No comments:

Post a Comment